AmeriQual Foods is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Process Engineer. The Process engineer is responsible for creating and evaluating manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Application of hands on approach to ensure process reliability and improvement
- Ability to work hand in hand with maintenance personnel and operations.
- Lead by example mentality and ability to teach/improve skills of team members
- Interpreting blueprints, schematics, and technical drawings
- Supervising installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment
- Developing proper preventative maintenance procedures to ensure equipment functions according to specification
- Complying with safety and environmental regulations
- Supervising and guiding maintenance personnel
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- 4 year degree in mechanical, electrical engineering, mechatronics, or related field required
- Process or Electrical Engineering experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Team mentality with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing a plus
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position will also frequent the production floor, so operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Pushing/pulling/moving objects, and using specialized tools, equipment, and machines is required. Duties include intricate repairs, which will require working in, on, and around complex machinery and packaging systems, requiring a high level of manual dexterity. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present.
Note: Not all benefits apply to all openings or locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply in person or submit a résumé via mail, fax, or email.