AmeriQual Packaging is seeking to fill a full time Maintenance Trainee position. This position will share the responsibilities for building maintenance and grounds keeper. Advancement opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to all safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
- Communicate often and effectively with supervisors , maintenance lead, team members and peers across all departments
- Complete all repairs and projects with a sense of pride, with all work completed meeting personal safety, food safety and quality standards
- Work daily with maintenance lead, supervisors team members on priority tasks, which can and do change on a day to day basis
- Be able to do building maintenance plumbing, basic electrical, concrete repair, fabrication, lawn care
- Be able to work any shift and overtime when needed
- Successful candidates will have a 2-year degree in a Maintenance field or two plus years of maintenance experience
- Electrical experience recommended
- Troubleshooting aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Strong mechanical,facility,fabrication abilities
While employed as a Maintenance Trainee, associates will be required to stand for extended periods of time as well as walk frequently. Lifting, moving objects, and using specialized tools, equipment, and machines will be required. Most job duties include intricate repairs, which will require the Trainee to work in, on, and around complex machinery and packaging systems. Because of this, a certain level of dexterity will be required. All associates in the maintenance field will need to stay in tune with all aspects of their surroundings, as a safe work environment shall be maintained at all times.
Note: Not all benefits apply to all openings or locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply in person or submit a résumé via mail, fax, or email.