Thermo Pac, LLC, an Atlanta based portion control manufacturing company, is seeking a Maintenance Technician (Level 2). This position is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance of the plant equipment. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and will work closely with Maintenance Area Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform root cause analysis and provide long term corrective solutions to aid in the continuous improvement process
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment problems
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines
- Complete daily shift documentation (MDCA) – Maintenance daily work card
- Perform safety checks on equipment and maintain a clean work area using 5S standards
- Find parts using manuals and online resources
- Utilize planned maintenance program AMMS to create work orders and complete planned maintenance orders
- 2 Year Technical degree and/or 3+ years experience in industrial maintenance, with strong emphasis on Electrical Knowledge
- Basic Motor Technology knowledge (VFD, PD, Servo, A/C), Hydraulic/Pneumatic system knowledge, Boiler/Steam piping and systems knowledge, and HVAC troubleshooting experience
- Ability to rebuild different pumps (ex PD, Centrifugal, and Screw pumps), operate and maintain conveyors, oil/grease gearboxes, maintain printers (Dominos/VideoJet), and control and operate Air Compressors
- Ability to read basic wiring diagrams, blueprints / mechanical drawings and navigate AMMS planned maintenance program
- Basic fabrication skills using lathe, drill and welding
- Proven knowledge of safety procedures (Arc Flash, GHS, LOTO, etc.) and state/federal safety regulations
- Good communication skills, with ability to show a positive attitude and team mentality with all ThermoPac team members
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing / 5S
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand for extended periods of time, walk and climb stairs. Bending and squatting may be required along with lifting up to 50 pounds. The associate is frequently required to use arms to reach out and us hands to grasp objects and/or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: Not all benefits apply to all openings or locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer