Thermo Pac, LLC, an Atlanta based portion control manufacturing company, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and predictive maintenance of all equipment in the facility and leading all maintenance personnel. This position is expected to attain daily scheduling goals in an efficient and resourceful manner while working closely with Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Area Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform root cause analysis and provide long term corrective solutions to aid in the continuous improvement process; Troubleshoot PLC’s using PTU or laptop to understand or change ladder logic
- Trouble shoot and diagnose equipment problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Create, assign, an perform regular preventive maintenance on electrical components of machines
- Perform supervisor duties, including creating schedules, assisting in disciplinary procedures as needed, and verification of mechanic’s daily work cards
- Perform regular safety checks on equipment and maintain a clean work area
- Contact vendors for part orders or service requests
- BS in Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- 8+ years experience in supervisory role in maintenance department of manufacturing facility
- Advanced Electrical Knowledge – Industrial Electrician (wring and load calculations)
- Understanding of Advanced Motor Technology – VFD, PD, Servo, A/C , Steam piping/basic components of a steam system
- Ability to operate and maintain different types of conveyors, printers (Domino/VideoJet), Boiler systems, and Air Compressors
- Advanced fabrication skills using lathe, drill and mig/tig welding
- Ability to read advanced blueprints / mechanical drawings/advanced wiring diagrams as well as ability to complete Calibrations of all RTD’s and chart recorders
- Ability to use the Planned maintenance program AMMS to make work orders and complete planned maintenance orders
- Proven knowledge of safety procedures (Arc Flash, GHS, etc.) and state/federal safety regulations
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing / 5S with ability to assist in implementation of processes throughout the facility
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and practical use of advanced mathematics (knowing how calculate times and heat temperatures)
- Good communication and leadership skills, with excellent attitude and employee engagement skills to encourage teamwork
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand for extended periods of time as well as walk and climb stairs. Bending and squatting may be required along with lifting up to 50 pounds. The associate is frequently required to use arms to reach out and us hands to grasp objects and/or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
Note: Not all benefits apply to all openings or locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer