Thermo Pac, LLC, an Atlanta based portion control manufacturing company, is seeking a Maintenance Controls Technician. The Controls Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and predictive maintenance of all PLC controlled equipment. This position is expected to attain daily scheduling goals in an efficient and resourceful manner. This position also works closely with Maintenance Area Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shoot and diagnose equipment problems, adjust, replace, and repair parts
- Perform root cause analysis and provide long term corrective solutions to aid in the continuous improvement process
- Create, assign, and perform regular preventive maintenance on machines (using AMMS)
- Troubleshoot PLC’s using PTU or laptop to understand or channel ladder logic
- Find parts using manuals and online resources
- 2 Year Technical degree and/or 5+ years experience in industrial maintenance, with advanced Electrical Knowledge (wiring and load calculations).
- Advanced Motor Technology knowledge (VFD, PD, Servo, A/C), Hydraulic/Pneumatic system knowledge, Boiler/Steam piping and systems knowledge, and HVAC troubleshooting experience
- Ability to rebuild different pumps (ex PD, Centrifugal, and Screw pumps), operate and maintain conveyors, oil/grease gearboxes, and control and operate Air Compressors
- Ability to read advanced wiring diagrams, blueprints / mechanical drawings and advanced math skills (calculating times and heat temperatures).
- Proven knowledge of safety procedures (Arc Flash, GHS, LOTO, etc.) and state/federal safety regulations
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of AMMS planned maintenance program
- Good communication skills, with ability to show a positive attitude and team mentality with all ThermoPac team members
- Must possess/provide required tools
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing / 5S
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand for extended periods of time, walk and climb stairs. Bending and squatting may be required along with lifting up to 50 pounds. The associate is frequently required to use arms to reach out and us hands to grasp objects and/or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: Not all benefits apply to all openings or locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer